Wedding season will be here before you know it. And with all of the couples that took the next step and got engaged over the Holidays, there will be more people planning than ever. If you’re looking to have a trendy wedding, you’ll want to go green! No, I don’t mean throwing an outdoor wedding, although that could make your shindig greener. And I am by no means suggesting green be the color of your bride’s maid’s dresses. (Sidenote: there are so many pretty shades of green to choose from.)
The kind of green this article is about is eco-friendly weddings. More and more people care about their carbon footprint and the impact they’re making on Mother Earth. And this is why these new eco-friendly wedding trends are becoming so big for 2017!
Here are a few suggestions to make your BIG day more Earth friendly:
- Have your wedding ceremony and reception in the same location. This will save on the amount of gas you and your guests will need to use to get between the two locations.
- Cut out the waste! Pick wedding party dresses that your bride’s maid and wedding party will want to wear more than just once.
- Reuse or got the vintage route: You don’t have to buy all new wedding decor. If you do some googling, you’ll find many websites dedicated to the resale of wedding favors and centerpieces. And you don’t have to buy a new dress either. There are many vintage dress options that would blow any new, mass produced dress out of the water.
- Choose a dress made of organic materials or use a designer that creates sustainable gowns. Get more info on these here!
- Local flowers and local food are the best: Skip the flowers that need to flown in. And when it comes to the food, think farm to table.
If you search Pinterest you will find a million and one great, green suggestions. I found this video of a couple’s eco-friendly wedding and was blown away. Green is beautiful and helps out our environment.